Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Last Field trip

The Last Field trip I did was in "El Cajón del Maipo" for the subject "Land Use Planning" with the teacher Miguel Contreras. It was about different topics in the municipality of "San José de Maipo", such as minery, turism, services, connectivity and so on. The group of mine (integrated by Carlos, Fabián and me) researched the topic of "Settlement, services and commerce" in the commune of San José de Maipo.
Fabián and me carried our bikes to SJM (San josé de Maipo) to ride quickly along the commune. We divided the commune in transepts to research it, my transept was the highest one, near to "Baños Morales". I had to research in the localities of San Gabriel, Romeral and Boyenar. I started in San Gabriel (the bus let me there with my bike), and then I went to Romeral. It was very steep and hard to ride but finally I arrived Romeral. From Romeral I rode down to Boyenar, passing again across San Gabriel. In Boyenar I suggested myself to go to the main locality: San José de Maipo. So, I Rode across the localities of "El Ingenio", "San Alfonso", "Melocotón", "El Toyo", "San José Alto" and finally San José the Maipo. The sun was very hot and I didn't used sun-block, so, I got insolated badly. My friend Carlos was in "El manzano" and again I rode in my bike from SJM to El Manzano, passing "Los Maitenes" and "El Guayacan". At the end of the fieldtrip I felt the Insolation very hard and I felt very, very, very tired: Going down in the mountain range isn't only let down by gravity, you have to climb and pedal a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment